Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Day At the Rink

Do you enjoy the cold, Claudette? Are you getting used to HOT weather? Do you cringe at the idea of snow and ice and can't stand being cold? Well, me too. So the humans decided to take me to the ice rink today to watch one of the mini humans practice her jumps. Thankfully they didn't take me out on the ice, but could they have bothered to bring a jacket for me? NO!
After cheering on the little athlete, I got to rest on her Zuca bag. Now that's an interesting bag. It's on wheels that light up when it rolls. There are pockets everywhere and a huge space for her skates, tights, boot covers, extra clothing, skate guards, and even a small lunch. I saw skaters everywhere rolling them around and the top makes a great seat. Skaters can sit to lace up skates, or like me they can rest and try to warm up!
The other mini-human snuck a Felicity book in the bag, which she attempted to read to me but the sound of music and shouting and scraping ice drowned out her tiny little voice.
Here I am attempting to climb in the bag to get warm!

After her 30 minute lesson I was strapped into the warm car once again and you can tell by the smile on my face that I was pretty happy. Next time I'm packing a warm coat and gloves!

Love,
Lucie



3 comments:

  1. Cool! please follow my blog about my dolls.http://theadventuresofmyamericangirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were you, chere soeur, I would be making a strike agains that unlawful treatment. Do they think that just because we're made of vinyl and cloth we can't feel the cold? Well think again, humans!!!!

    I can tell you, though, that I'd be jumping in joy if I could spend 5 minutes in a cool environment. I'm kind of glad that I'm "Limited Edition" (whatever that means) and I don't get to go outdoors. Who wants to go outdoors in this awful heat?

    Ok just so you think that this message is not only to whine and complain I'll tell you something funny. I just tried to climb down the dresser and fell nose down!! LOL I'm doing ok but Chrissa fell on top of me and "goody two shoes" Samantha kissed the floor.

    As you can see I'm in my sarcastic mood today. I'd better click "send" and take a nap. The hot weather makes me grumpy.

    Au revoir!
    Claudette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun day at the rink, Lucie! It's too bad that you didn't get to skate yourself, though.

    I haven't really tried figure skating much at all - just once or twice. Maybe I should sign up for lessons at school?

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete