Saturday, February 11, 2012

M.I.A. (no, not that one!)

We're back! Sorry to be gone so long. The last semester at school was a particularly tough one for Juliette and me.  We were barely speaking to each other. We had so much stress with classwork, and get this: Juliette joined the cheer squad. I never thought I'd see the day. Okay, I know she's into dance and is very coordinated, but she's very shy. How does the most shy girl in school try out for cheerleader and actually make the squad? I hate to admit this but I kind of think part of it is her accent. Imagine her cheering "Yell it loud Cougars!" with her French accent. Well she has a mean back handspring as well.

She's off at a game right now. I promised I'd take a picture of her in her new uniform when she gets back from the game. But let me tell you, it's been noisy around here. She's suddenly all giggling on her cell phone with her cheer friends and practicing cheers in the hallway. She scared the fur off Sébastien the cat the other day when he followed her down the hall and she did a jump and almost landed on his tail.

I don't know what to think. This is completely out of Juliette's comfort zone!

Well, I need to get some fresh air so I'm off to water the garden. There are days I miss Megan - aka Nature Girl - because the plants and flowers looked a lot better under her care.

Love,
Lucie

1 comment:

  1. Salut, Lucie!
    It's nice to see you girls posting again. I understand- this school year has been rough for me, too. My advanced bio class is kind-of hard. Lilly's been helping me some.
    That's fantastic that Juliette made the cheer squad! One of my best friends is very shy and reserved, too, and the only time she seems to open up is when I'm around or when she's in dance class. Perhaps Juliette will open up around the other cheerleaders, too?
    My friend Taylor is a cheerleader; she wishes Juliette the best of luck!
    Bonne chance, Juliette!
    Bisous,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete