"I hope we don't get any new roomies for a long time".
Does a relative count?
Dearest sister, our cousin is here from France!

Véronique arrived on Sunday. She's mother's fourth sister's middle child. They are originally from Honfleur, but a year ago moved to Le Havre, in the Haute-Normandie (Upper Normandy) region. Do you remember a long car trip to the coast when we were two? Dipping our feet in the cold waters of the English Channel? Looking at the boats in Honfleur Harbor? No? I don't either. Anyway, it's nice to reconnect with family. Tante Manon sent along a gift package with Véronique so we'll send your portion along this fall. Tante Manon sends her love and she wishes you were here with us as well.
Kailey and Carys have moved away. They transferred to different schools out of state. We'll miss their smiles and I'll miss Kailey surfing with me!! Véronique took their room. She's just starting to decorate it, mostly with pictures of the harbor and streets of her hometown, mini sailboats, and lots of stuffed animals.
Since Kailey moved,I have no surfing partner. Maybe Véronique will try it? She's used to colder weather than we are, and there was no surfing since they lived on the Seine (can you imagine?). I'll talk to her about trying it, though.
More on our cousin later. Claudette, we all miss you and can't wait to hear about YOUR new roommate! I hear your human is on her way home to you right now. I hope you will be spoiled with lots of presents from her vacation. Please write soon. We miss you and we want to hear all about your summer.
Classes start here in two weeks. Back to school!
Love,
Lucie
(et Juliette, bien sur!)
She is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteAh...Véronique est très jolie! Vous êtes tout de la chance.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, my best friend will be joining me in America soon.
~Sabine
Your cousin is so pretty....What a natural elegance she has about her.
ReplyDelete