Sunday, September 26, 2010

L'automne Est Chaud

Fall is officially here. What does that mean for us in Southern California? Why, 100 degree temperatures, of course!

There are sweaters and heavy coats in the stores, and people making preparations for the holidays, but I can't think of that right now. I can't think about ordering winter coats and snow boots for the mountains (besides, Kirsten will probably get to go again this year with her winter outfit and snowshoes). I can't think about Halloween costumes and baking pies.

No, instead I put on my favorite swim suit and headed out to the pool!

End of September means 100 degrees here. I'm quite annoyed by this. We had an "easy" summer until August hit and it's been hot one day and relatively cool the next. I wonder if we'll get fall temperatures by December?

Juliette's been all depressed this week. I think she misses you, Claudette. I do too, but she's been really sad. She said she wants to take you shopping and out for lunch and that she doesn't know when she'll see you again. Can you send pictures of you and your life in Mexico? Pictures with your friends and what you're doing lately?

Por favor?

How are you Spanish lessons going, anyway? Are there any people there who speak French? How are you getting along in your classes?

We miss you! We will be having a visitor in November. I'll be sure to update you then. Please write soon!

Love,
Lucie (et Juliette, bien sur!)


3 comments:

  1. The pool sounds great right about now. Here, it is in the low 70s and pretty chilly. I definitely wish I could join at the pool, Lucie!
    -Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been warm this weekend for me as well. Though last week was cold. I miss that!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete