Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Homesick

Hi Claudette,

It's me, Juliette. Your favorite sister! I wish I could talk to you in person. I miss you!

For the past week I've been feeling very homesick. I miss Lyon. As readers might not know, we lived in a small town outside of Lyon (Lyon is a very large city). I miss good food (if I see another fast food restaurant sign I'll go crazy). I miss my morning baguette lathered with good, locally made goat cheese. The stuff we buy here is made HERE! It's just not the same! It's really hard to find cheeses made in France. I miss real macarons from the local pâtisserie.

I miss biking in the countryside, and the smell of lavender when we visit Provence. I miss the old lady down the street selling her homemade soaps. I miss the market in town with fresh olives, grapes, eggs, cheese and bread. I miss our regional, famouse saucisson de Lyon (sausage). I miss that old couple, Monsieur et Madame Roux, fighting about their grandchildren and their lazy daughter-in-law!

Well, that's enough complaining from me. I think I need to make a visit home.

Love,
Juliette

(The island girl let me borrow her dress. I think I look better in it than she does):

3 comments:

  1. Salut, Juliette!
    I have been feeling the exact same way, now that I discovered Miley may be touring in France.
    I do miss Lille. I miss my friends and my father (not so much Mère...). I also miss the shops and the food. Neither things in America cut it.
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliette,

    As you know, I've been feeling rather homesick myself. I haven't seen Paris in ages. My family lives in the Montmartre district of the 18th arrondissement, and I miss it so much. I miss seeing Le Sacré-Coeur, the Moulin Rouge, Le Café des Deux Moulins, my collège, everything! Of course, most of all, I miss Maman, Papa, and my dear twin sister, Juliette. Even if Juliette and I don't always get along, even if we don't always understand each other.

    Look on the bright side - at least you have Lucie around! However, you must miss Claudette like crazy.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliette,

    We feel for you. :-( It must be really hard to be far from home.

    None of us are away from where we live, but some of us had a big adjustment when we moved here, so I guess we can kind of understand.

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete